Two teenagers arrested after stabbing at Warwick University

Two 18-year-olds have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a man was stabbed at a halls of residence at Warwick University.

The man and woman were taken into custody after the 19-year-old victim was found, with police urging members of the public to come forward.

The 19-year-old was taken to hospital, and paramedics worked on him throughout the journey. His injuries are now thought not to be life-threatening. Officers were called out on Wednesday afternoon and found him suffering from stab wounds, Warwickshire police said.

“This was a serious incident in which a young man has suffered stab wounds. I would appeal to anyone with information about it to contact police,” said DI Cawail Wong.

Students were evacuated from the halls after the incident and university authorities moved to reassure them there was no continuing danger. In a statement released after the incident, a university spokesperson said: “We want to reassure those concerned by a continued police presence around Sherbourne that there is no danger to students or staff.

“We can confirm an incident has taken place that has since concluded. Police officers remain on site as part of an investigation following the incident, as do members of Warwick staff. If you need any assistance please speak to the community safety team.”

Sherbourne residents were given alternative accommodation on Wednesday night and were expected to return to their halls on Thursday.

Police said officers were called to the address on Scarman Road in Coventry just after 4.30pm on Wednesday. The force said an 18-year-old man from Kings Langley in Hertfordshire, and an 18-year-old woman from London had both been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

The force added: “Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact Warwickshire police on 101 quoting incident 276 de 17 November 2021.”

A spokesperson for the West Midlands ambulance service said: “We were called to reports of a stabbing near to Gibbet Hill Road at 4.24pm yesterday. One ambulance, a paramedic officer and the Warwickshire and Northamptonshire air ambulance were sent to the scene.

“On arrival, we discovered one male patient, who was treated for serious injuries before being taken to hospital by land ambulance. The aircrew travelled on the back of the ambulance to help continue treatment en route to hospital.”

los comentarios están cerrados.