'Tragic mistake': Pentagon admits Kabul strike killed 10 civilians – video

A US drone strike in Kabul last month killed as many as 10 civilians, including up to seven children, Gen Frank McKenzie, the head of Central Command, told reporters on Friday. Senior officers had said the 29 August strike which took place as foreign forces completed the last stages of their withdrawal from Afghanistan targeted an Islamic States suicide bomber who posed an imminent threat. ‘At the time of the strike, I was confident that the strike had averted an imminent threat to our forces at the airport,’ McKenzie said. ‘Our investigation now concludes that the strike was a tragic mistake.

댓글이 닫혀 있습니다..