Eight people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after the deaths of two teenage boys in Essex.
Essex police said officers were called to Regency Court in Brentwood at about 1.30am on Sunday and found that three people had been injured. Despite attempts to save them, two boys died. The third victim was treated for injuries, which police said were not life-threatening.
The police said their investigation suggested it was an isolated incident and that there was no threat to the local community.
No cause of death has been given and postmortem examinations will be carried out. The families of the victims have been told.
Ch Insp Mark Barber, of Essex police, dijo a los reporteros: “We have arrested eight men on suspicion of murder. They all remain in custody at this time.”
Barber said officers remained open-minded as to what had happened.
“We would like to appeal to anyone who was in the Crown Street area of Brentwood between 10pm last night and 5am this morning who witnessed any suspicious behaviour between that time frame," él dijo.
Speaking on Sunday morning, DCI Andy Clarkson, of the Kent and Essex serious crime directorate, dicho: “This incident has required an immediate and a large-scale response and officers and investigators have worked through the night to piece together what happened in the lead-up to this tragic incident. Our investigations will continue throughout today.
“We understand there will naturally be shock and concern within the community after such a tragic loss of life, but at this stage we do not believe there is any wider threat to the public.”