CCTV of sisters later found stabbed to death in London park played in court

Video of two sisters walking into a park where they were to be repeatedly stabbed and killed has been played in court.

Danyal Hussein, 19, is on trial at the Old Bailey accused of stabbing Bibaa Henry, 46, and Nicole Smallman, 27, after allegedly seeking to make a blood pact with a demon to kill women in exchange for winning the lottery.

On Thursday, the sisters’ mother, Mina Smallman, looked away as some of the last images of her daughters were shown in court.

Henry was seen on CCTV footage carrying a bulging blue bag of picnic items as she walked with her sister into Fryent country park in Wembley, north-west London, to celebrate her birthday with friends.

Earlier, the sisters were shown shopping for the party in a Co-op in nearby Kingsbury before driving off in Henry’s purple Audi to one of the park entrances. The pair appeared to be in high spirits, and Smallman chatted to the cashier as they made their purchases.

Later that night, after their guests had left the picnic, the sisters were allegedly set upon by Hussein.

In the early hours of 6 June last year, Henry was stabbed eight times and Smallman 28 times before they were dragged into a hedgerow, the court has heard. Their bodies were discovered by concerned friends on 7 June last year, along with a bloody knife.

A bottle of tonic water, bought by the sisters at the Co-op, was found dumped in a bush nearby, jurors have heard. The bottle had blood on it that allegedly matched Hussein’s DNA.

Jurors were also shown CCTV footage that allegedly showed Hussein buying a set of knives at Asda near Edgware Road three days before the killings. It is claimed that a bloodstained knife found at the scene is identical to one of the set and also that it had DNA matching the defendant and Smallman on it.

It is alleged that Hussein used his passport as proof of age and had to remove his face mask at the cash desk to buy the block of five knives, jurors heard.

The knife block appeared too large to fit into his rucksack, so Hussein put it in an Asda “bag for life”, it was alleged.

Later that day, the defendant allegedly went back to Asda and purchased a roll of extra strong and tear-resistant Unibond Power Tape, jurors heard.

Presenting the CCTV evidence at the Old Bailey, DC Jo Hinchliffe said he had trawled through 450 hours of footage.

Prosecutor Oliver Glasgow QC said: “Mr Hussein does not accept he appears in the majority or all of the footage. This is of course a matter that is in dispute.”

Hussein, of Blackheath, south-east London, has denied double murder and possessing a knife.

Comments are closed.